Joo Chuan's running high

Friday, November 23, 2007

Singapore Marathon here I come!!!

Collection of the StanChart Singapore Marathon kit started yesterday. Like the previous years, I expected a huge human jam during the first day. Somehow a friend managed to convince me to go with her during lunch time against my better judgement :( She said last year when she collected the kit there was no traffic!

As expected, when we reached there, there were about 20 lines of people in front of us! Each line with about 15 people in the queue!! I quickly chastised her for it...
After 15mins in the queue, we moved 2 lines.... We decided to give up and go for lunch instead. During lunch I told her that my experience is that the human traffic actually dies down in the evening.

After work, the first thing I did was to quickly rush to Suntec Convention Centre to collect the kit again and hopefully avoid the evening crowd. I must say I got lucky, the journey there was pretty smooth and I got there about 6.25pm. Even luckier, there were only about 4 lines of queue. The queue was fast moving and before I knew it, I got my kit... I'm a happy man!


No comments: